The ACT Textile Arts Association (ACTTAA) is an enthusiastic group of textile artists and hobbyists who join together to share creative endeavours through monthly meetings, skill-sharing days and workshops. We are interested in using the design and embellishment of textiles to make a variety of items.
Techniques we use include dyeing, fabric manipulation, machine and hand embroidery, silk painting, stencil work, stamping, felting, beading, and printing. We use these skills to make a range of items including wearable art, wall hangings, paintings, sculptural forms, jewellery, bags, hats, and household items.
Everyone is welcome.
Contact ACTTAA via email on information [at] acttextiles.org.au
Find out details about our committee and other roles in the organisation here.
Why join ACT Textile Arts Association?
- challenge your creativity
- diversify and advance skills and explore new textile arts
- share your skills and learn from others
- make connections and lasting friendships with like-minded people
- monthly newsletter
- access to library including latest textile arts publications
- meetings with speakers and activities
- monthly member raffle
- join our workshops with discounted fees
- contribute to community by making for charities
- biannual fashion parade
- biannual gallery exhibition
- sell your work in an annual bazaar
- welcome pack
Come along to a meeting to find out what we are all about!
To join ACTTAA, please fill in a membership form including payment details and bring it to a meeting or email to information [at] acttextiles.org.au. The new membership fee is $80 and there is an annual renewal fee of $70.
Second Wednesday of the month from 5.30pm at Woden Seniors Inc, Corinna Street (corner with Melrose Drive), Phillip, ACT. Enter through the back of the building.
We will often have a meeting activity or guest speaker and show and tell of members’ work. The formal part of the meeting begins about 6.15pm.
Visitors are welcome to attend.
ACTTAA is a not-for-profit organisation based in Canberra, Australia. Our constitution can be found here.